Saturday, June 11, 2005

Gloomy day in Canberra...
As i sit here trying to focus my attention on my notes in front of me...
i just had this urge of typing something in my blog..

something..maybe just anything...

Canberra hasn't rained in months and it's such a blessing when u see rain after so long...
i was just thinking...maybe the best gift God has given Singapore is probably rain...
back home..we just take rain for granted..to some extent..we may even hate it for making us wet while we're rushing off to our various appointments...
But..i just love the rain..love the smell of rain..the coolness of the air...the sound of the drops touching the ground...it is just HEAVENLY...

With my windows opened to the max...i take in a deep breath...
oooooooo...all worries fly away with the cool breeze....

just yesterday..i suspected myself of having eating disorders while studying for my nutrition...
realised the obsession and worry bout body image and food has really taken up most of the days of my life...reading the warning signs of eating disorders really had me wondering..."do i have an eating disorder?"

Warning signs:
- preoccupation with food, kilojoules and weight
- sudden decision to avoid red meat
- classifying foods as "good" or "bad"
-excessive concern bout weight
-strict dieting followed by binge eating
-incresing self critism of body shape and size
-depressive moods/anxiety
-use of laxatives/ diuretics to lose weight

i guess some points of my life..i just had all these...but of course there's much more to it...
and the thing is...sometimes u don't realise it..but actually u have it...
but nahz..i dun vomit and stuff..so..i'm not there yet....

somehow..i just feel like sleeping now..
but nahz..i've got to rush to finish up my studies..
next week's my last week of exams...
got to work hard...

3 Comments:

Blogger turtzzz said...

bulimia!!! i knew it!!! heh.. no lahz... but dun get too obsessed wif ur weight liao k... at least u get to eat.. be thankful for dat..com back n we pig together... on??

9:02 PM  
Blogger Meryl said...

not on ah...i dun wanna grow fat!!
i dun wanna....oh ya..did u know that landy has a new album?*hint hint*

ahhhhh...i miss ktv..all ur fault lah!

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Meryl Gay, I read your post which I find interesting and very informative! I was also looking for related info which I found
Some at bulimic
It's not exactly what I was looking for but it was nonetheless interesting to read.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home